Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Let me be the first to congratulate you

Let us begin with a Sidenote: It is this author’s opinion that the moniker “Cream City,” though well intentioned, still manages to invoke a feeling of crassness. Perhaps this author merely has a dirty mind. Bygones.

First, let me congratulate you on finding your way to this blog. Filled in the posts of this “web-enabled Internet log page” are the musings and random thoughts attributed to my life as experienced by me in this fine, underrated city.

Second, I must admit that I never particularly wanted to live in Milwaukee. In fact, I fought the move until the end, remained a bit disgruntled after the fact, and only began to warm up in the several months following my full-fledged unpacking.

With that confession out of the way, I can now say that I love my life in this dear city. Surprising everyone who knows me, I have come to enjoy living in Milwaukee and have become its most avid supporter.

Need a sales pitch to help prevent the brain drain?

I’m your girl.

Want to convince outsiders of Milwaukee’s charm?

Why, I can help you with that too.

In short, I enjoy my life here so much that I have taken to the profligate pages of the Internets to espouse all of the wonderful attributes of the Cream City as experienced and opined by me, your Quarter Century gal.

Enjoy.

No comments: