Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Snore.

I haven't lived with a roommate for over 4 years.

Finally I buckled down and let someone move in with me.

It's a big step in grown-up responsibility, you know...compromise and all that.

She doesn't contribute to the monthly rent payment.

She commandeers the best seats for TV viewing.

I sometimes find her trying to steal my food.

But she's adorable.

Kitteh + Sunspot = BFF


She just has this rather unfortunate habit of waking me up at 5:30 AM.

It's not the time so much as the way in which she goes about her self-assigned task.

This morning, for example, she jumped on my stomach and started purring in my face.

She even went so far as to bat her little paw on my nose.

Twice.

Before I gently pushed her off me and rolled over for more Z's.

Nothing doing.

She simply pounced on my back and started flapping her tail on my shoulder.

I thought only dogs wagged their tails.

Sweetness can be deceiving.



Needless to say, she's better than that other alarm clock that required me to solve math problems before I could turn it off.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Exactly like our dogs. Once 6 rolls around, they start crying and barking. It would be nice to sleep in on the weekend sometime.