Friday, April 23, 2010

New Website Design

I first got thinking about a one page web design after viewing this article on impressive, creative personal portfolios.

But this was right after I launched my own portfolio website, and I didn't want to spend another day working out another design in Flash. So I let it be.

And then I saw this website devoted to One Page Love.

While I don't think anything I could do would be in that league of awesomeness, it got me thinking again about how I want to redo my website.

It just felt too clunky, and, really, one page is all you need. All of my work is scattered across the web and/or on various social media sites, and so it's but the work of a minute (don't you just love that phrase?) to set a bunch of buttons linking to my online excellence.

So that's what I did.

Last night, instead of working on my Flash movie for class, I "procrastinated" and redesigned my website. Even in taking time off from work I can't help but be a nerd.

View it here.

PS - I know I should care about web optimization and all that biz, but that's what I do in the real world. In my personal world, I don't so much. As Taylor from Kid Nation would say, "Deal with it."

No comments: