Friday, August 20, 2010

Things I Like

In this economy it's easy to get downtrodden and depressed, especially when looking for a job. Therefore, I've made it a habit to think of three things every morning that I like and/or that bless my life. It helps to remember that, while many of the good things in my life are things I've worked incredibly hard for, there are just as many good things in my life that are blessings for which I did nothing to deserve. Here are just a sampling of these latest likes - blessings, results of hard word, randomness, or otherwise.

I like...

1. Having a Job
Yes, I worked hard to get it. I worked incredibly hard to get a Master's degree, and then spent weeks searching for a job and pushing the boundaries of my creativity in doing so. But, ultimately, getting those interviews and then getting an offer after several interviews at several places is an elusive combination of hard work, persistence, and serendipity.

I like...

2. Tosh.0
This show is so highly inappropriate that I can't help but like it on some deep, barbaric level. I think the same part of me that leaves Sports Center on all day and calls The Big Lebowski a favorite film is the one that likes Tosh.0.

I like...

3. My Sandwiches Cut Into Triangles
They just taste better that way, no?


I like...

4. The Sound My Directional Signal Makes When it Clicks Off
I don't know why, but it's an oddly satisfying sound. Perhaps because it reminds me that I am still young enough to regularly use one while driving.

I like...

5. Cooking
Not only does chopping things with a large knife lower my stress level, but it also makes me believe that I'm contributing to the greater good. You know, taking care of my peeps..."my peeps" referring to whomever I'm cooking for at the moment. I'm also pretty good at it.

And there you have it. A short list of the latest things I like, in no particular order. Stay tuned for when I explore my dislikes...it's sure to be entertaining.

No comments: