Monday, August 30, 2010

Things I Don't Like

Awhile a go I wrote a post on Things I Like to celebrate those random blessings in my life. Well, here's the yin to that yang...Things I don't like. In no particular order.

I don't like...

1. Heights
I don't particularly enjoy heights. My knees get shaky. My legs get weak. I think of the myriad shapes I'd make if I plunged to my death and splatted on the ground. Ew, gory.

But this doesn't explain why I liked rock and wall climbing in high school or why I harbor the desire to sky dive.

I suppose mostly I just enjoy a good challenge, and what are fears but simply challenges unmet?

I don't like...

2. Timidity
If you want to do something, go out and do it. If you don't like something about yourself or your life, get proactive to make improvements. And for goodness' sake, if you don't know where you're going do NOT stop in the middle of the highway to look at your map.

I don't like...

3. Sheryl Crow
I don't know why. It's one of life's great mysteries, because you would think a talented, guitar-playing, singer-songwriter would be right up my musical alley, but there's just something about her shouting melodies, I mean, singing that rubs me the wrong way.

I don't like...

4. Ignorance
Seems obvious, right? Wrong, at least, according to Newsweek. Now, I know there are tons of smart people out there, and even the smartest person can be dumb about some things, but I just wonder if terrorism is really the biggest threat to our nation.

I don't like...

5. Bugs
The number one reason why I don't like being single is because I don't have anyone at home to kill all the creepy crawlies for me. And that is why I'm single. You gotta have a better reason than that, no?

No comments: