Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Man Shows

Man Shows. There's a title to get the ladies excited. Too bad I mean "TV shows with an audience demographic of male ages 18-39" and not "chippendales." Ew, skeevy. As far as eye candy goes, gimme any sporting event with athletic sweaty men over a skeevy strip show any day.

Bygones.

Maybe I have an abnormally high level of testosterone flowing through my veins (probably not as evidenced by the mammaries), or perhaps I'm just your classic tomboy (ding, ding), but I love a good Man Show. And what better way to celebrate the season premiere of just such a delight than with a blog post that espouses the wonders of my favorites? Let's get crackin'.

1. Deadliest Catch
I love me some Blue Collar Reality TV. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, but Deadliest Catch is boss.



2. Tosh.0
Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking. It's politically incorrect. Daniel Tosh is a dick shine. Whatever. I'm sure he's heard it all, and I'm sure you're right. But there's something very appealing about a show - even a comedy show - that doesn't pull any punches. In this day and age when every celebrity, politician, water cooler Kathy, whathaveyou is verbally walking on eggshells in an effort to not offend any person, place, thing, or idea, it's refreshing to watch a show that makes an effort to equally offend everyone. Not THAT'S equality. In the "man" sense, I assume.

Tosh.0Weds 10:30pm / 9:30c
Beach Flip
www.comedycentral.com
Tosh.0 VideosDaniel ToshWeb Redemption



3. Sons of Anarchy

Perhaps it's because I grew up so close to the Rez (that's "reservation" for you non-native folks), but I've got me a soft spot for SoA. The lawlessness, the tattoos, the theme song co-written by Velvet Revolver's David Kushner...it all adds up to one thrill ride of a show about, let's face it, a motorcycle mafia. Your two favorite things in life, right? Harleys and assassinations? I thought so.

Last season ended with quite a bang, and I know I'm not the only Lady Fan anxiously awaiting the premiere tonight.

No comments: