Friday, November 4, 2011

To the Biker Who Told me to F*** Off

I believe your words were, "F*** off! You're supposed to stop!"

My reply, in short, is "STFU, asshat."

You don't know me. If you did you would know I am in favor of cars sharing the road with bikes.

I don't know you. If I did I'm sure I'd be more concerned about you a) not wearing a helmet and b) biking in the dark with no lights or reflective clothing.

I see that you, sir, were making a left turn on a red light into congested, oncoming traffic.

I can't imagine that's smart.

Or legal.

You, my rebellious friend, also happened to be using the sidewalk and seemed upset that I didn't treat you with the deference given a law abiding pedestrian.

However you, my earth loving (license-revoked?) fellow citizen are not a pedestrian. Yes, you are allowed the use of the sidewalk if traffic prohibits use of the street and the sidewalk is not otherwise occupied, however, as I mentioned above, this does not allow you to cross 8 lanes of traffic - from the sidewalk - to make a left turn when you, in fact, had a red light.

Don't you tell me to f*** off you jackwagon. I wholly approve of the use of bicycles and, in fact, often lament (and loudly) how our city is so unfriendly to those such as you. But you, dear sir, do little to further your cause by your inability to abide by even the smallest margin of etiquette on your two-wheeled fancy flyer.

That is all.

No comments: