Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 2: 12 Days of "Christmas Around the World"

I've been blessed to have traveled extensively throughout Europe while stationed as a missionary in Eastern Europe. To share a bit of that past, I bring to you The 12 Days of "Christmas Around the World." Each day I will chose a country I visited, tell a personal story, and share a Christmas tradition from that country. Please add your own family traditions in the comments section of these posts, or share your own international experiences if you've been blessed enough to travel.

Happy Holidays from Ms. Q!


Day 2: Christmas Greetings from Poland


Sending Christmas cards isn't just an American tradition. It began in 1843 in England by a man named Sir Henry Cole.

Every year I look forward to choosing either the most ridiculous or most creative card to send to my family and friends - sometimes the ridiculous and creative go hand in hand.

I also enjoy receiving cards for two reasons. One, Christmas cards aren't bills. Two, Christmas cards make for great decoration (hang a piece of garland or pretty ribbon on the wall and use paper clips, clothespins, or small alligator clips to attach them to the ribbon).

This card has greetings written in Hungarian, English, and German, respectively, but was sent by a friend in Poland.

No comments: