Monday, September 12, 2005

A Weekend in Blava

Success!

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen I successfully negotiated the Central European train system all by myself! Go me! Well, there was an incident coming out of Vienna in which I took the wrong train, but the mix-up was soon corrected and I safely arrived in Bratislava. It made me feel better to know that I was not the only person who got on the wrong train, but in fact at least 20 people were with me in the confusion. You see, they have this knack of connecting 2 trains for departure and then halfway through the journey the trains are split and each go their seperate way. You'd think they would let you know such information in the train station, right? Wrong. One must pay special attention to the crudely made signs taped in the window of the first car to determine the destination of the carraige.

Yeah. Not something a first time rider would know, but what are you gonna do?

Now I am back in Sopron with my nose to the grindstone. Luckily, Mondays are my slow days and I only have 3 classes. My project for this week is to crack down and create a grading plan for all of my classes...or maybe I'll do it by teacher or by year. I'm not sure yet. But that's the plan.

No comments: