Friday, March 17, 2006

So they don't celebrate St. Patty's Day here. Something about "not being Irish." I don't know...I didn't fully understand the reasoning. Heh.

But my friend, Marina, dyed her hair green. It was on St. Patty's Day that she met her husband, Kimo, in Hungary (if I understood the story correctly). They then toured Ireland on their honeymoon and named one of their sons Patrick (as opposed to naming both of their sons Patrick? Hm. That sentence structure could be taken in many ways).

Anywho. I just got back from visiting the other missionaries in Slovakia. It was great. Until that last day. On the way there I had lost something that was very near and dear to my heart, and it was only during my last day in Tisovec that it's loss was brought fully home and I just couldn't stop crying. Maybe I just needed a good cry. A good 7 hour cry, that is.

Anyway, nothing like a good day of teaching to bring my spirits up. Never fails. I may not always like teaching, heck I may not always like my students, but I always love them. And I always love seeing them and goofing around with them (oh, but never during class, mind you).

No comments: