Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mommy and Me at Alterra

I just had the most ridiculous experience at Alterra on North.

Alterra is usually my go-to for when I need to get work done and can't focus at home because of the Wii and Netflix distractions.

Today being no exception, I head over to Alterra where I will have, what I presume anyway, distraction-less time to finish all the crap I need to do. Watch for a future post on how I should learn to say no to over-committing myself.

I buy myself a cup of coffee after seeing the flavor of the day is called "Love Supreme." Who can resist?

After committing myself to stay by the purchase of aforementioned coffee, I am horrified to see that the only available table is next to a gaggle of women with babies. They took 4 tables and pushed them together for a Mommy and Me session. Anyone who's been in a coffee shop knows that putting together 4 tables is the same as renting out the entire space for a private party, minus the $250 deposit and $500 rental fee.

I grudgingly sit down and commence with an intense (rhyme unintentional) Twitterfest. As my tweets are better able to explain the harrowing experience, I've cut and pasted them here for you to enjoy. In order of tweetage:

Oh. My. God. Alterra on north. 6 women. 6 babies. Save me!!! about 2 hours ago from txt

Oh good god in heaven, they're talking about breastfeeding class. Losing the will to live. about 2 hours ago from txt

She's telling her baby it's rude to scream. Newsflash, baby can't understand higher reasoning! about 1 hour ago from txt

Hey moms. Ur baby being fussy and crabby means ur baby needs a nap. Your welcome. about 1 hour ago from txt

Now they r talking about how they leave places if baby screams. Baby is currently screaming. about 1 hour ago from txt

I understand the need to breastfeed, but you don't have to do it in the dining area where people r drinking coffee with ...warm milk. about 1 hour ago from txt

Leaving mommy n me at Alterra. Should've done it long ago, but made for entertaining tweets. 36 minutes ago from txt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Those inconsiderate moms could learn a thing or two from Really Bad Parenting blog: http://www.reallybadparentingadvice.com/rule-31-ignore-your-childs-crying/

Ms. Quarter said...

HAH! Thanks for the link; that blog is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I know; it cracks me up.